Akkalkot Swami Samarth
Akkalkot Swami Samarth History, Timings, Darshan and Puja
Akkalkot Swami Samarth History
As per the Legend, Nrusimha Saraswati, an incarnation of Lord Dattatreya did penance for 150 years. He travelled extensively to China, Java, Sumatra, Japan and many other places. He enlightened disciples and showed the devotees with the spiritual path. Finally, he reached the Himalayas and continued penance for 250 years. During this time, his body was covered with ant-hill. A woodcutter unknowingly invoked Nrusimha Saraswati, who travelled many places in India and finally settled in Akkalkot for 24 years ie. 1854 AD – 1878 AD. Maharaj enters Samadhi on 30 Apr 1878 which ends the 600 years of incarnation. It is believed that Swami Samarth blesses devotees from Samadhi Mandir. There is a banyan tree outside the temple which is said to be the meditating place for Samarth Maharaj. This tree is worshipped with equal importance, believed that it posses spiritual powers.
Maharaj Entered Samadhi on Chaitra Vadya Trayodashi day.
Morning Hours: 6:00 am – 12:00 pm
Evening Hours: 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Siddeshwar Temple which is 35 Km away.
- Bhakta Markandeya Temple, Opposite Siddeshwar Temple.
How to reach Akkalkot Swami Samarth?
- The nearest airport is at Solapur which is 36 Km away.
- The nearest airport is at Solapur which is 35 Km away.
- The direct is available from major cities to Solapur.
- The direct bus is available from Solapur to the temple with good frequency.
Reference Link: details