Sree Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti Special Feature
It is a wonder in the temple that the Sun rays fall on Sree Veerabhadra Swamy for five days in the month of March.
Rays start from the feet on the first day and go upward each day and touch the faces on the fifth day. This temple is of 1000 years old.
Legend of Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti
Daksha Prajapathi organized Yagna (Homam) without inviting Lord Siva purposely to humiliate Him. On knowing this, Sati or Dakshayani, youngest daughter of Dakshan want to visit her father’s house after taking permission from Siva. Sati was not received properly at her father’s house. Daksha then went on insulting Siva, after seeing all these events, Sati turned furiously and set ablaze at the Yagna Mantap itself.
On knowing this Lord Siva burned with anger and tore a lock of hair. Lord Veerbhadra took birth from Lord Siva’s anger and went to execute Siva’s will along with Siva Ganas to destroy Daksha’s Yagna.
Meantime, Mandavya Maharshi doing penance on Siva for Veerabadhra Darshan. Maharshi begged Ambica to soften Veerbhadra, Ambica appeared as Bhadrakaali and cooled him down. Sage requested them to stay in the place of his penance. That place is now called Rayachoti.
Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti Timings
- Temple Opening Hours: 5:00 am
- Veerabhadraswamy Abhishekam: 5:30 am to 6:30 am
- Bhadrakali Ammavari Abhishekam: 5:00 am to 7:00 am
- Aghora Lingeswara Swamy Abhishekam: 9:30 am to 11:00 am
- Subramanya Swamy Abhishekam: 5:00 am to 6:30 am
- Kalabhairava Swamy Abhishekam: 5:30 am to 7:00 pm
- Sarva Darshan: 6:30 am to 9:30 am
- Sarva Darshan: 11:00 am to 12:30 pm
- Temple closing Hours: 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
- Temple reopens: 4:00 pm
- Darshan Timings: 4:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Temple closing Hours: 8:30 pm
Rayachoti Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Abhishekam
- First Abhishekam: 5:00 am to 6:30 am
- Second Abhishekam: 9:30 am to 11:00 am
Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti Poojas
- Akupuja: Rs.50
- Archana: Rs.10
- Astottara Bilwarchana: Rs.50
- Irumudi: Rs.100
- Kumkum Archana: Rs.25
- Maladharana: Rs.50
- Nandi Pooja Kattadi: Rs.500 for 2 persons
- Rudrabhishekam: Rs.516 for 2 persons
- Saswatha Amavasya Pooja: Rs.4000 for 2 persons
- Saswatha Kumkum Archana: Rs.3500 for 2 persons
- Saswatha Naivedya Pooja: Rs.1516 for 2 person
- Saswatha Rudrabhishekam: Rs.3500 for 2 persons
- Four wheeler Pooja: Rs.100
- Two wheeler Pooja: Rs.50
Sree Veerabhadra Swamy Temple, Rayachoti – 516269, Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh
Masi Brahmotsavam in Feb-March and Thirukarthikai in Nov- Dec
Daksha Prajapathi appears in worshipping form near the Lord int he Sanctum Sanctorium. The Siva Linga worshipped by Mandavya is located to the right of Lord Veerabhadra. First Pooja is offered to Siva Linga and then to Lord Veerabhadra. During morning hours, Veerabhadra appears in Bala Roopam (as a youth) and in Ugra Roopam with a moustache in the evening hours. Betel leaf is offered as a prasad here.
Opposite Lord Veerabhadra temple, there are two Nandi’s, Veera Nandi and Siva Nandi, one for Veerabhadra and the other for Lord Siva.
How to reach Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Rayachoti?
- Temple is 48 Km from Kadapa, 55 km from Kadiri and Rajampeta
- 2 hours drive from Tirupati.
- The nearest railway station is at Kalikiri 45 km from Temple