Tirupati Temple Aug month festivals. Pavitrotsavam details and Darshan timings.
Sravana Masam: 29Jul 2022 to 27Aug 2022
Annual Pavitrotsavam 2022
The annual Pavitrotsavams in Tirumala will be observed between August 8 and 10 with Ankurarpana on August 7. According to legend, this fete was in vogue till the 16th Century. TTD revived this festival in 1962. During festival days, Snapana Tirumanjanam will be performed daily between 9 am and 11 am. TTD has cancelled Astadala Pada Padmaradhana on August 9 while Kalyanotsavam, Dolotsavam, Arjita Brahmotsavam and Sahasra Deepalankara Sevas from August 8-10 in view of this festival.
Pavitotsavam Ticket Booking
TTD will release the annual Pavitrotsavam tickets in online on August 1 at 10 am.
A quota of 600 tickets each pricing at Rs. 2500 per person will be available online.
The annual fete will be observed between August 8-10 in Tirumala temple.
The ticket holders will be allowed to participate in the Seva (Snapana Tirumanjanam) on all three days and also for Purnahuti on the last day.
They have to report at Vaikuntam 1 at 7 am and should carry individual tickets and original photo ID along with them. Traditional dress is mandatory.
Tirupati Temple Aug month festivals
- August 1: Sri Andal Tiruvadipuram Sattumora, Srivaru entering Purusaivari Thota
- August 2: Garuda Panchami, Srivari Garudotsavam
- August 6: Sri Tarigonda Vengamamba Vardhanti
- August 8-10: Annual Pavitrotsavams
- August 9: Chatrasthapanotsavam
- August 11: Shravana Pournami, Raksha Bandhan, Sri Vaikhanasa Mahamuni Jayanthi
- August 12: Sri Hayagreeva Jayanthi, Srivaru to Vikhanasa Sannidhi
- August 19: Gokulasthami Asthanam
- August 20: Utlotsavam
- August 29: Balarama Jayanthi
- August 30: Sri Varaha Jayanthi
- August 31: Sri Vinayaka Chaviti
Here is the list of festivals which will be performed at Tirupati temple in the month of Aug 2022.
Aug month Darshan Waiting Time
Rush will be high during Sravana Masam. As it is auspicious to visit Tirupati Temple during this time. It is advisable to plan properly for Darshan and accommodation as waiting time will be high.