Teynampet Murugan Temple History, Timings, Darshan and Contact
The original temple was dedicated to Lord Siva and was called by Ramalingewara temple. Lord Murugan and His consorts Valli and Deivanai Idols were installed 50 years ago. From them on this temple was popularly called by Bala Subramanya Swamy Temple. The Idol of Murugan is in the standing posture and is of 4.5 ft in height. It is believed that those who worship Goddess Valli on Poosam star (Pushya Nakshatra) day will be blessed with a good spouse.
Teynampet Murugan Temple Timings
|6:00 am||Temple Opening Hours|
|6:00 am to 7:00 am||Kalasanthi Pooja|
|7:00 am to 10:45 am||Darshan|
|10:45 am to 11:00 am||Ucchi Kala Pooja|
|11:00 am||Temple closing Hours|
|11:00 am to 5:00 pm||Temple remains closed|
|5:00 pm||Temple reopens|
|5:00 pm to 6:00 pm||Sayaratchai Pooja|
|6:00 pm to 8:45 pm||Darshan|
|8:45 pm to 9:00 pm||Arthajama Pooja|
|9:00 pm||Temple closing Hours|
The above-mentioned timings might differ from the actual timings.
- Thai Poosam
- Kiruthgai star day
- Skanda Shasti
- Arudra Darshan
- Tamil New year
- Aadi month Fridays
- Chithra Pournami
Teynampet Murugan Temple Marriage
- Bride and Groom must be Hindus
- The bride must be 18 years and above
- The Groom must be 21 years and above.
- Bride and Groom’s Aadhar Cards photocopies
- Bride parents and Groom parents Aadhar Cards photocopies
- A permission letter from Thasildhar required from Bride and Groom
- Advance booking required for the marriage permission
- A certificate will be issued by the Temple admin after the marriage
- Only Hindu arranged marriages are allowed in this temple
How to reach Teynampet Murugan Temple?
- The nearest Railway station is at Teynampet which is 0.3 Km away
- Temple is 2 Km from Mylapore metro station
- Egmore Railway station is 7 Km away
- The direct bus is available from CMBT to Teynampet.
- Temple is at a walk able distance from Eldams Road bus stop.