Sunderbans national park Timings, Entry fees, Route Info
This mangrove forest created by the Rivers Ganges, Meghna and the Brahmaputra. It is estimated that 400+ tigers are living in this forest. This park spreads across India and Bangladesh, 4262 Sq Km in India and 2125 Sq Km in Bangladesh. There are about 55 Mangrove species available in this forest.
This area was declared as the wildlife sanctuary in 1977. This park was established on 4th May 1984,
This National park is inhabited by Tiger, Deer, Hog Deer, Leopard, Buffalo, Estuarine Crocodile, Monitor lizard, Wild boar, River Terrapin etc
Commonly seen birds are Osprey, White Ibis, Black-necked stork, Baya Weaver, Ashy Prinia, Tree Pipit, Asian Openbill stork and other migratory birds from Siberia etc.
Best Time to Visit: Dec – Feb
Sunderbans opens for Tourists from Sep-Mar.
Boat Safari Timings: 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. Safari available on all days.
Allowed boats must return by 6:30 pm.
Sightseeing Places at Sunderbans
- Mangrove Banbhumi
- Bhagabatpur Crocodile
- Watch Tower
- Kumir Prakalpa
How to reach Sunderbans national park?
- The nearest airport is at Kolkatta which is 100 Km away
- The nearest railway station is at Kolkata which is 95 Km away.
- Local trains available from Sealdah south to Canning.
- From Canning to Godkhali is 29 Km.
- This park can be reached by Taxi from Kolkatta.
- Kolkatta to Gosaba is about 3 hours drive.
- From Godkhali port to Sajnekhali is by Boat for 2 hours.
Reference Link: details