Sringeri Aksharabhyasa Timings, Booking, Procedure
Timings: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Ticket Cost: Rs.250 for one child and Parents.
Location: Sri Sharada Temple
Aksharabhyasa will be performed daily. Not performed on Amavasya days (No moon day)
Suggested Dress code:
Men: White Pancha, Dhoti/ Kurta, pyjama.
Female: Saree with blouse/ Punjabi Dress with Dupatta / Chudidhar with Dupatta/ Half saree
Best Dates for Sringeri Aksharabhyasa
- Vijaya Dasami
- Lalitha Panchami (Vasantha Panchami).
- Akshaya Tritiya
- On all Thursdays
- On all Moola Nakshatra days. Amavasya days is not advisable for Vidyarambam.
Sringeri Aksharabhyasa Age limit
Aksharabhyasam is advisable to perform between 2 years 6 months to 5 years of age.
Required Pooja material
The devotee required to carry 1 writing slate, 1 writing Chalk.
This Pooja will be performed for the group of devotees in a Mantap. Followed by main deity Darshan. Temple Preist will be running the event with clear instructions, will hold the child’s hand in writing the letters.
Advance booking not required for this pooja as it is performed on all days. Ticket to be purchased on arrival at the counter for the same day Pooja.
The crowd will be high on special days and the event might take long hours. Usually, Aksharabhyasa will be high during Apr and May month as it is the beginning of the academic year.
How to reach Sringeri Temple?
- The nearest international airport is at Mangalore which is 102 km away
- Sringeri Mutt is 380 km from Bangalore International airport
- Sringeri Mutt is 97.9 km from Shimoga Railway station
- From Birur Railway junction temple is 137 km away
- The direct transportation is available from Bangalore which is 319 km away
- From Mangalore temple is 116 km away. The direct bus is available from Mangalore as well.
Reference Link: Sringeri Mutt