Sri Krishna Janmasthan Mathura
Sri Krishna Janmasthan Mathura, Temple, History, Route info
Sri Krishna Janmasthan History
|1||5000 years old||Built by the King Vajranabha, Grandson of Lord Krishna,|
|2||400 AD||New Big temple built by Chandragupta Vikramaditya|
|3||1017 AD||Destroyed by Mahmud Ghazni. Golden Krishna Idol was stolen.|
|4||1150 AD||Jajja built the temple during the reign of the King Vijayapal Deva|
|5||125 Later||Raja Veer Singh Deva Bundela built the temple during the reign of Jahangir|
|6||1669 AD||Aurangzeb destroyed Keshava Deva Temple|
|7||1815 AD||East India Company auctioned the area which was purchased by the Banaras King Raja Patnimal|
|8||1951 AD||Mahamana Pandit and Madan Mohan Malaviya established Sri Krishna Janmabhoomi Trust|
|9||15 Oct 1953||Sri Krishna Janmabhoomi Trust in association with Seth Jugal Kishore Ji Birla Started temple construction|
|10||Feb 1982||Temple work completed and installed the Idol|
Sri Krishna Janmasthan Mandir Timings
|Month||Morning Hours||Evening Hours|
|Apr -Nov||5:00 am – 12:00 pm||4:00 pm – 9:30 pm|
|Nov -Apr||5:30 am – 12:00 pm||3:00 pm – 8:30 pm|
How to reach Sri Krishna Janmasthan?
- The nearest airport is at Agra which is 64 Km away.
- Delhi Airport is 168 Km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Mathura which is 1.8 Km away.
- From Delhi, Taj Express runs thru Mathura.
- Train frequency is high from major cities to Mathura.
- The direct bus is available from Mathura to Temple. Taxi and Auto Rickshaw are running frequently.
Reference link: details