Simlipal national park Timings, Entry fees, Route info, Online Booking
Declared as the Tiger Reserve on 31st Dec 2007.
Critical Tiger Reserve Core area: 1194.75 Sq Km
Buffer Zone: 1555.25 Sq.Km
5569 Sq Km was declared as the Biosphere by the UNESCO on 22 Jun 1994.
Simlipal national park
|Contribution Percentage of Indian Subcontinent||Species|
From the Recent statistics
|Species||Count in this Park|
This national park is inhabited by
|Animal Type||Commonly saw|
|Carnivorous||Tiger, Melanistic Tiger, Leopard, Leopard Cat, Fishing Cat, Jungle, Cat, Wolf, Wild dog, Sloth bear, Jackal, Hyena etc|
|Other mammals||Elephant, Sambar, Ratel, Deer, Civet, Jay squirrel, Flying Squirrel, Mongoose, Pangolin, Rabbit, Langur, Wildboar etc|
|Reptiles||Python, King Cobra, Krait, Common Cobra, Viper, Chameleon, Crocodile etc|
|Birds||Jungle Fowl, Patridge, Malabar Pied Hornbill, Grey Hornbill, Myna, Peacock, Parrot, Crested Serpent Eagle, Oriole etc|
Tiger Reserve Opening Dates: 1 Nov- 15 Jun. Tiger Reserve closed on all other dates.
Tiger Reserve Entry Pass Counter Timings: 6:00 am – 9:00 am
Peak Season: Dec – Jan month.
Other Parts of the National Park opens throughout the year.
Interesting Places nearby
- Uski waterfall: 16 Km from Gurguria Entry point.
- Barehipani Fall View: Fall is 400 mt height. 9 km from Uski. 2nd highest waterfall in the country
- Navana Green Valley
- Joronda Fall
- Crocodile Hatching Center
How to reach Simlipal national park?
- The nearest Railway station is at Kolkatta which is 240 Km away
- Bhubaneswar Railway station is at 270 Km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Balasore which is 60 Km away.
- The direct bus is not available to the park. It can be reached by Hiring Taxi from Kolkatta, Bhubaneswar, Balasore.
Reference Link: details