Pine Forest Ooty Timings and Entry Fees. Orderly growing Pine trees that are several hundreds of years old. Pine forest is manintained by Muthu Nadu Mund Eco Development Committee.
Best Time to visit: Mar to June and Oct to Jan. Peak Season is during School/ College Holidays i.e from Mar to May. Kindly check for the weather as it is not advisable to visit during Rainy Season.
Instructions for the Tourist
- It is advisable to carry Cash as Gpay or Phonepe or other QR code payments modes are not available.
- Internet Connectivity is Poor in the Pine Forest.
- Not to carry eatables and water bottles as Monkeys are all around.
- Pine Forest may not be advisable for Heart Patients and Aged persons. Little walk for a Scenic view is ok.
- It might skid while walking so please hold your child properly.
- Driking Water facility is available at the entrance. 400 ml cost Rs.1 and Rs.2. 1 Liter costs Rs.5.
- There is no dedicated parking space. One has to park on the roadside.
- Plenty of parking space is available which is just 50-100 meters away from the entrance.
- Please plan to visit before 4.00 pm as it will be chill in the evening hours.
Pine Forest Ooty Timings
- Opening Time – 8.00 am
- Closing Time: 6.00 pm
- Opens on all days ie. Monday to Sunday.
- Good to visit between 8.00 am to 4.00 pm.
Ooty Pine Forest Entry Fees
|Child under 10 years||Free|
|10 years and above||Rs.30|
The above-mentioned charges can be revised without prior intimation.
Horse Riding Charges at Pine Forest
|Adult + Child (Under 8 years)||Rs.200|
- One Full Round, which usually takes 6 to 7 mins walk across the lake.
- Horse Riding will be available from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm on a Normal days.
- Horse Riding will be available from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm during Holidays.
Pine Forest Ooty
- One can spend around 1 to 2 hours at the Pine Forest.
- Pine Forest is located on the highway. It falls on the same roue to Pykara Falls.
- Good for Photoshoot. Lake View with lush green background will be good for photos.
- Walkind down the slope might skid, so please wear shoes with good grip.
- Weekends and Holidays will be crowded.
- College Students from Tamil Nadu and Kerala visit this place as part of their tour plan.
- It takes 10 to 15 mins drive from Ooty City center.