Pashupatinath cremation Process, Timings, Contact number
Location: Arya Ghat on the Bank of River Bagmati
It is believed that whoever cremated at this Ghat will be blessed with Mukthi. It is believed holy at this temple.
Timings: 6:00 am – 9:00 pm.
Articles required for the cremation to be purchased on own.
Pashupatinath cremation process
- The body will be washed in Bagmati River.
- It will be wrapped in orange cloth.
- Orange flowers will be used during this process.
- The body then placed on the wooden sticks.
- The person who is going to lit the pyre will circulate 3 times.
- The ashes will be pushed to Bagmati river which later merged with Ganga.
Reference Link: details