Palani golden chariot
Palani golden chariot Timings, Ticket cost, booking procedure
Reporting Time: On or before 5:00 pm
No. Of persons allowed for procession: 3
No. Of persons allowed for Special Darshan with the same ticket: 5
Ticket cost: Rs.2000
Golden Chariot procession will be performed daily in the evening hours.
Men: White Pancha, Dhoti/ Kurta, Pyjama.
Female: Saree with blouse/ Punjabi Dress with Dupatta / Chudidhar with Dupatta/ Half saree.
Thanga Ther Procession
- Chariot pulling will starts from Mantap.
- Lord Murugan will be taken out in a procession around temple by the devotees.
- Devotees who wish to participate in this procession can book the tickets in online.
- Online booking link Website
- Online booking opens 45 days in advance.
- The devotee is good to book a ticket before 3 days as well if available.
- One must carry ticket printout along with valid Photo ID proof at the time of reporting.
How to reach Palani Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Madurai which is 114 km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Palani. Dindigul railway station is 56 km away.
- The direct bus is available from Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tuticorin.
Reference Link: Temple History