Omkareshwara temple Madikeri History, Timings, Pooja, Route
This temple is dedicated to Lord Siva and was built by the King Lingarajendra II in 1741. To get rid of Killing Brahmin (Brahma Hatya), King installed Lord Siva idol brought from Kasi Kshetra. After installation, King used to have a good sleep. This temple architecture reflects Indo Islamic and Gothic structure. This temple is easily accessible from Madikeri town.
Annual Float festival is performed in the temple tank.
Tourists inflow will be high during Nov, Dec and Jan months.
Best time to visit: Nov-May.
Entry fee: Free for all.
Dress Code: Any decent outfit is allowed.
Omkareshwara temple Madikeri Timings
Morning Hours: 6:00 am – 12:00 pm
Evening Hours: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Temple Timings might change on special days.
Abhisheka Timings: 6:30 am – 6:45 am. Daily.
How to reach Omkareshwara?
- The nearest airport is at Mysore which is 130 Km away.
- Mangalore airport is 143 Km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Hasan which is 113 Km away
- Kasargod station is 110 km away.
- Kannur station is 113 Km away.
- The direct bus is available from Mysore, Mangalore to Madikeri.
- Madikeri is well connected with major cities in Karnataka and Kerala.
Reference Link: details