Nohkalikai Falls Entry fees, Timings, Route info
Nohkalikai Falls Story
It is said that A woman by the name Ka Likai had a daughter from her earlier marriage. She remarried after her first husband died. As she is used to working as a porter and spend the remaining time with her child. Her husband felt jealous of the child as he is neglected.
One day on her return she noticed that her husband prepared the meal for her. Without any doubt, she took the meal. She later discovered her baby’s fingers in the betel nut basket. With grief and sorrow, the lonely mother jumped from the cliff. Hence the name Nohkhalikai which means Leap of Likai.
It is the tallest plunge waterfall in India with height 1115 ft i.e. 340 mt. The waterfall is located near Cherrapunji.
Best Time to visit: Jun-Nov
Entry fees: Rs.50/ person.
Nohkalikai Falls Trek
- Clear indications are listed on the rocks to reach the Tip of the falls.
- It takes 40 mins from the Ticket counter to Tip of the Falls.
- Not advisable for the children and aged persons.
- Advisable to plan in the Morning or Afternoon Hours. As it gets dark at 5 pm.
Tourists inflow will be high during Dec, Jan, Feb, Apr and May months.
For Tour Packages, Please call @ +91 93 93 93 9150
How to reach Nohkalikai Falls?
- The nearest airport is at Shillong which is 80 Km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Shillong which is 81 Km away
- The private taxi is available from Shillong to the Falls which is 2 hours drive.
- Shillong to Sohra shared cab cost Rs.80/ person for 1 hour 30 mins drive.
- From Sohra to the falls, it cost Rs.150 private cab. The shared cab is not available for this route.