Mawlynnong Meghalaya, Tourism, Attractions, Best Time to visit, Balancing Rock
This village is located in the East Khasi Hills and is referred to Gods own Garden. Major Cultivation is broom plantation, Bay leaves, Betelnut and leaves, Black pepper and fruits like orange, Jackfruit, Pineapple and other Sweet fruits, banana etc. Dustbins made of Bamboo sticks are kept along the path.
|1||2004||Awarded as the Cleanest Village in Asia by Discovery Channel|
|2||2006||Awarded as Cleanest Village in UNESCO|
Entry Fees: Rs.50/ Vehicle.
Estimated that Daily 500 – 600 tourists vehicles will be seen around.
Best Time to visit: Nov-Jun.
- Tree House Viewpoint is of 51 ft high made with bamboo and its products.
- Balancing Rock
- Living Root Bridge, Riwai Village. 10 mins from the village.
Do and Don’ts here
- Public Toilets are available. Rs.500 fine for open defecation.
- Not leave plastic and other garbage items on the road.
- Persons under the influence of Liquor or any other intoxicating drugs are not allowed to roam outside.
- Plucking and Destroying of Crops and Plants are strictly prohibited.
For Tour packages Booking, Please call @ +91 93 93 93 9150
Tourists flow high during Dec, Jan, Apr and May months.
How to reach Mawlynnong?
- The nearest airport is at Shillong which is 90 Km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Shillong which is 91 Km away
- The private taxi is available from Shillong to the Village.
Reference Link: details