Nagercoil temple Nagaraja, Timings, History, Cost, Pooja procedure
Nagercoil temple History
As per the Legend, Nagas did penance for Lord Vishnu seeking a place on the Earth where there is no harm from Garuda. Lord Vishnu appeared and blessed them with this place. From then on Nagas used to stay here and is established as Naga Kshetra.
Nagaraja idol was recovered from the paddy field. One day a women worker noticed the blood oozing out from a rock while cutting paddy crops. The villagers recovered the Nagaraja idol from the field. This temple is of 3000 years old and was built by the king Kalakal. Later this temple was renovated by the Kerala King Thiruvayangur. This temple reflects the Kerala construction style. Lord Siva self-manifested on request of Nagas Hence the deity called by Nageswara Swamy. It is believed that snakes will not bite Humans in this place. Anthill dust will be offered as Prasad to the devotee.
Any decent outfit will be allowed. Men should not wear any shirt or vest while having Darshan.
Female: Saree with blouse/ Punjabi Dress with Dupatta / Chudidhar with Dupatta/ Half Saree.
Auspicious days: Avani Masam ie. Aug – Sep
Morning Hours: 5:00 am – 12:30 am
Evening Hours: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- The childless couple perform this Pooja to avoid pregnancy issues
- Will be relieved from Longterm diseases
- Will be relieved from Sarpa Dosha
How to reach Nagercoil temple?
- The nearest airport is at Trivandrum which is 80 km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Kanyakumari which is 19 km from the temple. Nagercoil railway station is 4 km away.
- The direct bus is available from Kanyakumari to temple.
Nagercoil temple Images
Reference Link: details