Mekedatu Falls, Entry Timings, Route information
Distance from Bengaluru: 97 km
Journey Time: 2 hours 45 mins
Visiting Hours: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Route map Mekedatu Falls
- Bengaluru to Kanakapura
- Head Straight on Kanakapura – Sangama Road
- Kanakapura – Sangama Road to the Sangama Falls.
- Sangama Falls to Mekedatu by Theppa (Boat)
Sangama is the amalgamation of 2 holy rivers Arkavati and Kaveri. Water flow through the gorge with 10 mt in width. Visitors used to visit this place for scenic beauty between the rocks. It is not advisable to get closer to the flow. It is not accessible during Rainy season as the River flows high and can’t be reached easily. Entry allowed during normal days. Best time to visit this place is during Nov and Dec months.
Accommodation and Food
Food stalls are available at the entrance. Accommodation is not available at this place.
Places which can be covered in a day
- Chunchi Falls which falls on the way to Sangama
- Sangama is the merging point
How to reach Mekedatu Falls?
- The nearest airport is at Bengaluru which is 97 km away.
- The nearest Railway station is at Kanakapura which is 49 km away.
- This place can be reached by Theppa from Sangama which is on the other side of the river. The direct bus is not available to this place.
Mekedatu Falls Images
Reference Link: Falls