Mallavaram Subramanya Swamy Temple is dedicated to Lord Subramanya. This temple is popular for Sarpa Dosha Pooja. Childless couples used to perform Dosha Nivarana Pooja here.
Mallavaram Subramanya Swamy Temple History
A serpent appeared in the premises of Kukkuteswara Swamy Temple and stayed calm at Siva Linga inside the sanctum sanctorum. This cobra used to take the bath in the nearby water canals and comes back to the temple. Villagers realised that this serpent possesses divine qualities and started constructing temple by pooling money from the villagers. One day while at the construction site they noticed that the same cobra remained dead. This cobra was buried at the construction site and performed the last rites. Subramanya Swamy Serpent form was installed in the sanctum sanctorum. Idol of Siva and Parvati were also installed in the temple complex.
Later, one cobra started visiting this temple regularly and stays at Siva Linga. Priests and devotees used to visit this temple and started performing Abhishekam to the Linga. Devotees from nearby villages started visiting this temple in thousands. This temple was built in the year 1962.
Mallavaram Subramanya Swamy Temple Sarpa Dosha Pooja
Naga Dosha Pooja / Sarpa Dosha Pooja will be performed at this temple. This pooja will only be performed on Monday and Tuesday in a week.
Temple Address, Contact number
Sri Subrahmanya Devalayam,
Mallavaram, Chebrolu(Via), Gollaprolu Mandal,
East Godavari District, Andhra Pradesh, Pin Code – 533449
How to reach Mallavaram Subramanya Swamy Temple?
- The nearest domestic airport is at Rajahmundry which is 86 km away.
- The nearest international airport is at Visakhapatnam which is 137 km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Pithapuram which is 17 km away.
- Annavaram and Samarlakota Railway stations are next nearby station points.
- From Kakinada temple is 34 km away. The direct bus to Mallavaram is available from Rajahmundry and Kakinada.
Reference Link: Temple History