Kundrathur Murugan Temple History, Timings, Darshan details
No.of steps to the temple: 84. Toll road also available to reach the hilltop.
Darshan Dress Code: Any decent outfit
Ticket cost: Free Darshan available on all days.
Darshan Duration: 15 to 20 mins during weekdays. 20 to 30 mins during weekends. 2 to 3 hours during festival days.
The temple will be crowded heavily on festival days such as Thaipoosam, Karthikai month, kanda Shashti, Thiru Karthigai Deepam, Aadi Krithigai, Swamy Thirukalyanam etc.
Best time to visit: Sep to Jun.
Kundrathur Murugan Temple
As per the legend, Lord Muruga after victory over Asuras in the war at Thiruporur, he proceeded to Tiruttani with good mood. On his way to Tiruttani, he Installed Shiva Linga hered and offered prayesrs to the deity.
This temple was built during the reign for Kulothunga Chola. Lord Muruga is worshipped on the name of Kandleeswarar.
The deity was placed such a way that, if you stand straight then only Lord Muruga will be visible. If move to left or right, then deity can be seen with His consrots Srivalli or Deivanai.
Festival Details on Skanda Shasti
- Skanda Shasti festival will be celebrated for 8 days.
- Killing of demon Surapanma will be celebrated on the 6th day.
- Thiru Kalyanam with Mother Valli wedding will be performed on the 7th day.
- Thiru Kalyanam with Mother Deivanai will be performed on the 8th day of the festival.
Kundrathur Murugan Temple Timings
Morning Hours: 6:00 am to 1:00 pm
Evening Hours: 3:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
How to reach Kundrathur Murugan Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Chennai which is 13 Km away
- The nearest railway station is at Tambaram Sanatorium which is 9 Km away.
1.The direct bus is available from Tambaram, Hasthinapuram, Poonamalle, Avadi etc