Kodumudi Magudeswarar Temple History, Timings and Route info
Free Darshan is available for all devotees. No restriction on the age limit.
Darshan Duration: 15 to 20 mins during weekdays. 20 to 30 mins during weekends. 1 to 2 hours during festival days.
Dress Code: Any decent outfit.
Best Time to visit: Jan to Dec. Temple remains open on all days.
Kodumudi Magudeswarar Temple History
As per the legend, A competition rose between Wind God Vayu and Adisesha about their strength. Adisesha held Mount Meru tightly. Vayu blew the mountain with all his strength. Mount Meru broke into seven pieces each as a Gem Shivalinga. One such piece fell at Kodumudi. The devotees used to worship here for Naga Dosha Pariharam.
Morning Hours: 6.00 am to 12.00 pm
Evening Hours: 4.00 pm to 9.00 pm
|6.00 am||Temple opening Hours|
|6.00 am to 6.30 am||Usha Kala Pooja|
|7.00 am to 7.30 am||Kala santhi Pooja|
|7.30 am to 12.00 pm||Darshan|
|12.00 pm to 12.30 pm||Uchikala Pooja|
|12.00 pm||Temple closing Hours|
|12.00 pm to 4.00 pm||Temple remains closed|
|4.00 pm||Temple reopens|
|4.00 pm to 5.30 pm||Darshan|
|5.30 pm to 6.00 pm||Sayarakshai Pooja|
|6.00 pm to 8.00 pm||Darshan|
|8.00 pm to 8.30 pm||Ardhajama Pooja|
|8.30 pm to 9.00 pm||Darshan|
|9.00 pm||Temple closing Hours|
The above-mentioned timings might change on festival days.
Kodumudi Magudeswarar Temple Importance
- Devotees used to offer Tharpan here in the river Cauvery
- Devotees used to perform Pooja for Raghu Dosha Pariharam
- Navagraha Puja is performed here
- Naga Prathishta can be performed here in this temple
How to reach Kodumudi Magudeswarar Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Trichy which is 111 Km away.
- The nearest Railway station is at Erode which is 39 Km away
- Karur Railway station is 28 Km away.
- The direct bus is available from Karur and Erode to the temple.