KalaKaleshwara Temple Timings and Darshan Details
|Pooja Name||Ticket cost|
|Ghee Deepam Ticket||Rs.2|
This Temple was built during the reign of Cholas in 8th century AD. This temple lies on the banks of the River Kousika at Kovilpalayam. Guru Dakshinamurthy statue is believed to be the largest statue in Asia. Pradosham festival days and Thursdays are special at this Temple. Sura Samharam will be celebrated in a grand at this temple.
KalaKaleshwara Temple Timings
|6:00 AM||Temple opening Hours|
|6:00 AM to 8:30 AM||Darshan|
|8:30 AM to 9.00 AM||Kaalasanthi Pooja|
|9:00 AM to 12:00 PM||Darshan|
|12:00 PM to 12:30 PM||Uchi Kaala Pooja|
|12:30 PM to 4:00 PM||Temple closing Hours|
|4:00 PM||Temple reopens|
|4:00 PM to 6:00 PM||Darshan|
|6:00 PM to 6:30 PM||Sayaratchai Pooja|
|6:30 PM to 8:30 PM||Darshan|
|8:30 PM||Temple closed|
Special Pooja Days
- Guru Dakshinamurthy Special Pooja on Thursdays at 6.00 AM
- Pradosham Abhishekam between 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM
How to reach KalaKaleshwara Temple?
- The direct bus is available from Coimbatore to Kovilpalayam.
- This Temple is 25 Km away from Coimbatore city
- The nearest Railway station is at Coimbatore which is 34 Km from Kovilpalayam
- The nearest airport is at Coimbatore which is 32 Km away
- Kochi airport is 95 Km away
- Kozhikode airport is 125 Km away.