Horanadu temple History, Timings, Darshan details, Route info
Horanadu temple History
It was mentioned in the Skanda Purana that the Sage Agasthya consecrated the Idol here. As per the legend, Sage Agasthya performed strict penance for the Goddess and goddess self-manifested here at the request of the Sage Agasthya. As per the folklore, Goddess Annapooneshwari offered food to Lord Siva at this place. It is believed that Sadguru Adisankaracharya worshipped Goddess Annapoorneshwari at this temple. Temple will be thronged with devotees during Navaratri days. Hereditary Trustees started around 400 years back
Men: White Pancha, Dhoti/ Kurta, Pyjama, Shirt and Pant. One must remove shirt before entering Darshan Line.
Female: Saree with blouse/ Punjabi Dress with Dupatta / Chudidhar with Dupatta/ Half Saree. Any decent outfit will be fine.
Horanadu temple Timings
6:30 am – 10:00 pm
- Kalasa, Kalaseshwara temple is 8 km away.
- Dharmasthala is 108 km
- Sringer is 70 Km.
- Udupi is 118 Km away.
- Kollur Mookambika temple 168 km away.
- Belur and Halebedu are 95 km from this shrine.
How to reach Horanadu temple?
- The nearest airport is at Mangaluru which is 121 km away. Bengaluru airport is 330 Km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Mangaluru, Kadur, Shimoga which are at 136 km from the temple.
- The direct bus is available from Bengaluru, Mangaluru and Chikkamagaluru stations.
Reference Link: details