Hazara Rama Temple History, Timings, Images, Route information
Hazara Rama Temple History
This temple is located Northwest of King’s Palace. There is no deity inside the Sanctum Sanctorum. Ramayana Scenes were carved on the walls of Arthamantap. Bas-reliefs of Ganesh, Mahisasuramardini, Anjaneya and Different Avatars of Lord Vishnu can be seen on the four black stone pillars in Arthamantap. Two separate shrines are available for God and Goddess. Temple was built in parts which started at early times of Vijayanagara period to the time of Krishna Deva Raya.
Entry to Royal Mint is available from this Temple, a large walled area with several entrances and impressive fortifications. There is a huge and ornate palace base constructed in 3 tiers to the south-west.
How to reach Hampi?
- Hampi is an equal distance from Bangalore and Goa airports and is 350 km away.
- Trains do run from Bangalore to Hospet Junction at regular intervals on a daily basis.
- Daily trains are available from Tirupati to Hospet Junction. Travel time is between 8 hours 30 mins – 11 hours 15 mins.
- From Bangalore to Hospet regular KSRTC bus available at early hours, from Hospet, Hampi is 12 km away.
- Hampi is 85 km from Bellary. The direct bus available from Bellary to Hampi
Hazara Rama Temple Images
[gallery] shortcode not found inside [smart-grid][/smart-grid] shortcode
Reference Link: Temple History