One of the most divine Daan that someone may perform in their lifetime is Gau Daan. Daan means to give, and Gau signifies cow. According to Indian mythology, every human has seven mothers: a birth-given mother, a king’s wife, Mother Earth, a Brahmin, the Guru Patni, a nurse, and Mother Cow. The mother cow’s milk is comparable to the cow’s.
The Vaitarni River is mentioned in the 47th chapter of the Preta Khanda of the Garuda Purana. The soul must cross this river after death, once it departs from the body. Those who have made good daans and karmas throughout their lives would have no trouble crossing the river. Gho Danam devotees are said to never, once they pass away, fall into the Vaitarni River.
Gau Daan Procedure or Vidhi
- Ganapathi Puja
- Gau Cleaning
- Gau Alankarana
- Gau Puja
- Anna prasadam daan
- Gau Daan to Brahmin
- Veda Aseervachanam
Puja duration: 4 to 5 hours.
Gau Daan Cost
Costs of giving good milk start at Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 1,10,000 for cows, based on breed.
Feeding charges: Rs. 2900 for three months, Rs. 5800 for six months, and Rs. 12600 for a year.
This puja will be performed at Rameshwaram, Gokarna, Vellore, Bangalore, and Srirangapatna.
Gau Daan Benefits
- A powerful remedy for negative energy.
- The giver achieves a state of unending happiness that is permanent.
- helps in living an honest life.
- echoes with inner speech and thought.
- Liberty in life after death.
- It helps in the removal of sins or bad karma.
- It facilitates debt repayment and forgiveness.
- It helps in achieving moksha after passing away.
Gau Daan Benefits before and after Death
- Runa Vimochana Godaana: Debts owed to other people may not be repaid. The sum could be small or large. People like this take part in Daan.
- Utkranti Godaana for a painless demise: This is meant to avoid suffering throughout the final stages of life, in particular for individuals who are getting close to death.
- A trouble-free after-death journey (Antardhenu): To get to the correct place after death, one must travel a great distance and overcome many hurdles. Godaana was made to facilitate this crossing.
- Vaitarani Godaana: This is to cross the Vaitarani River, which is the River of Hell. offers a secure means of crossing the dangerous river.
- Godaana for Moksha (Moksha Dhenu): This is meant to lead to a decent life while alive and achieve liberation from reincarnation.
Puja dress code
Gents: dhoti (white) and shirt, or kurta and pyjama.
Ladies: Saree or Salwar Kameez (with Pallu Compulsory).
All pilgrims are requested not to wear clothes such as T-shirts, jeans, etc., as the same is strictly prohibited irrespective of any age group.
Do’s for Gau Daan
- Give someone a healthy cow and her calf
- Donate to a Brahmin who is considered learned and well-qualified in the community.
- Explain why the cow is being offered.
- Contribute cow food as well.
- Obey all Vedic guidelines while a Pundit is present and providing assistance.
- Donate a cow and calf that are adaptable to the local climate and have a longer, better life.
For more details, please call or WhatsApp 810-556-7973
A minimum of 7 to 10 days of booking is advisable to make puja arrangements.