Eravikulam national park Munnar, Entry Timings, Ticket cost and Online booking
This national park stretches over 97 Sq.Km of an area.
Eravikulam national park Opening dates
Opening from Mar / Apr – Feb
Park closes during Calving Season for 2 months. Usually, re-opens either Mar Last week or Apr 2nd Week.
Visiting Hours: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm. Daily
Visitors are allowed to spend for 2 hours inside the Park.
Eravikulam national park History
In the year 1877, This area was leased to J.D.Munroe from Kannan Devan Anchannattu. It was leased to establish Kannan Devan Hills Produce Company Limited.
In the year 1900, Nilgiri Wildlife Association was formed to eradicate poaching animals
In the year 1928, The High Range Game Preservation Association was convened. Started gathering Animals census.
In the year 1971, This area came under the control of the Forest Department Under the KDH Resumption Act.
In the year 1975, It was declared as the Sanctuary to protect Nilgiri Tahr.
In the year 1978, It was declared as the National Park which spreads across 97 Sq. Km.
Best Time to Visit: Apr-Jun months
Eravikulam national park Entry fees
|Entry fee Busfare
|Children (5-12 years)
For more details, please call 9393939510
No.Of Entry Tickets per day: 750
Eravikulam national park Entry Tickets Online Booking
- Tickets can be booked in online 48 hours in advance.
- Cancellation is allowed 3 days prior to the booking date. The full amount will be refunded if cancelled 14 days in advance.
- Visitors allowed in batches every 1 hour ie. 7:30 am – 3:30 pm.
- If ticket booked online but park closed due to some reasons for the day, then the same entry pass works for the next day.
- Mobile usage restricted in the park.
- Own vehicles are not allowed. Forest department minibuses take the visitors around the park.
- Tickets can be booked in online Link
Reference Link: details