Ear piercing ceremony at Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam, Timings and Booking procedure
Ticket cost per child: Rs.50
Location: Purohit Sangam, Papavinasanam Road, Tirumala. At a walk able distance from Vakula Matha Resthouse.
Dress Code: Any decent outfit. No restriction on the dress code for the child.
Ear Piercing Age limit: 11 months and above.
Ear Piercing Timings at Tirumala
|Monday||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Tuesday||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Wednesday||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Thursday||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Friday||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Saturday||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Sunday||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
Ear Piercing timings remains unchanged even on festival days. Purohit Sangam is little far from the temple, the devotee can reach by TTD free bus (can get down near to Purohit Sangam), APSRTC Bus to Papavinasnam, Jeep or own vehicle. By walk, it might be difficult by holding baby.
Ear Piercing can be performed for a boy/ girl baby. No restriction or age limit for this activity.
Ear Piercing Ceremony at Tirumala Tirupati
- Usually, devotees performing Ear Piercing or Boring before Hair offering.
- Only Traditional Ear piercing method is followed in Tirumala.
- Gunshot and other modern techniques are not allowed as per Sastra.
- It will not take more than 5 to 10 mins for the preparation and Ear Piercing.
- 5 to 10 members are readily available at Purohit Sangam for Ear Piercing.
- Usually, Maternal uncle holds the baby in his lap while performing the activity.
- In his absence, Baby father can perform the same for the child.
- The devotee have to carry Gold Ring/ Other ring that can be inserted after ear piercing.
- Hair offering places are available all across Tirumala. There are no charges for Hair offering.
- Ticket can be purchased on arrival at the counter. Online booking is not available for now.
- Only Baby Mother/ Father/ Maternal Uncle are allowed as it is a small room.
- 1 or 2 members are allowed which is based on the crowd
- The crowd will be high on Fri, Sat, Sun, Festival days and on Auspicious days.
- Please note that Ear piercing, Hair offering and other services are available on all days.
- As Rahu Kalam, Yamagandam and other timings are not applicable in Tirumala.
- The devotees can perform any day as per their wish in Tirumala Tirupati.