Dichpally Ramalayam Timings, History, Darshan, Route info
This temple was built during the reign of Kakatiya Kings in the 14th Century. This is the only Rama built by Kakatiya’s, who are devotees of Lord Siva.
No.Of Steps to reach Temple on Hill Top: 105 steps.
Temple construction took 100 years. Idols were installed on 15Jul 1949 from then on Pujas are performed daily. The temple structure reflects Dravidian architecture. This temple was destroyed by Allauddin Khilji in 1311 AD.
An ardent devotee of Lord Rama, Gajawada Chinnaiah installed the Idols and laid the steps path in 1949. These Idols were brought from Rajasthan.
It is believed that Lord Rama in search of Sita Devi reached this place and stayed here for 45 days. It is believed that Lord Rama met Bala Hanuman here for the very first time.
Rastrakutas, Kalyana Chalukyas, Bodhan Chalukyas, Kakatiyas and Vijayanagara Kings contributed to this temple.
Dichpally Ramalayam Festivals
- Kalyanotsavam will be performed 3 times in a year.
- Rathotsavam will be performed on Magha Purnima.
- Kalyanotsavam will be performed on Magha Suddha Trayodasi
- Five days Annual festival begins on Magha Purnima day.
- Annual festival celebration days: Magha Suddha Dasami to Magha Suddha Vidiya
- Navaratri festival days: Chaitra Suddha Padyami to Chaitra Suddha Navami
- Sri Rama Kalyanam will be held on Navami day during Navaratri festival days.
- Vaikunta Ekadasi and Vaikunta Dwadasi
- Temple will be thronged with thousands of devotees on Srirama Navami day.
|Room Type||No.Of Rooms||Room Charges||No.of Persons|
Extra bed Cost: Rs.300 for Ac rooms
Extra Bed Cost: Rs.200 for Non-Ac Rooms
Please note that Room cost varies during Weekends.
How to reach Dichpally Ramalayam?
- The nearest airport is at Hyderabad which is 160 Km away
- The nearest Railway station is at Nizamabad which is 17 Km away
- The direct bus is available from Nizamabad to the temple.
Reference Link: details