Biligiri Ranganathaswamy temple History, Timings, Darshan and Pooja
As per the Legend, Sage Vasishta did penance here on this Hills for Lord Venkateswara. Lord appeared before him and blessed him. To mark this moment, Sage Vasishta installed the Lord Ranganatha Swamy Idol and worshipped the deity. It is said that Lord Rama and Lakshmana in search of Sita Devi reached this place and offered prayers to the deity.
This temple was built by the King Vishnuvardhana and the architecture resembles Dravidian construction style.
As per the local folklore, Sri Ranganatha Swamy loved and married a girl by name Kusumabale from Solinga dame community. Hence, Solinga community treat Ranganatha Swamy as their Brother-In-Law.
Biligiri Ranganathaswamy Temple Timings
Morning Hours: 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
Evening Hours: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
The above-mentioned timings might change on special days.
Dress Code: Any decent outfit.
Darshan Waiting Time: 30 – 60 mins. Which depends on the crowd.
- Rathotsava will be performed in Jan month.
- Brahma Rathotsava falls on Apr/ May month.
Vehicles Entry Timings: 6:00 am – 6:00 pm.
As Temple is located in the forest area, Vehicles movement restricted from 6:00 pm – 6:00 am.
How to reach Biligiri Ranganathaswamy temple?
- The nearest airport is at Mysore which is 90 Km away.
- Temple is 180 Km from Bangalore airport.
- The nearest Railway station is at Chamarajanagar which is 45 Km away.
- Nanjangudu Railway station is 60 Km away.
- Temple is 80 Km from Mysore station.
- The direct bus is available from Mysore, Chamarajanagar, Yelandur.
Reference Link: details