Bhadrachalam temple History, Timings, Pooja and Route information
Bhadrachalam temple History
As per the Legend, Lord Rama stayed with His consort and brother Lakshman at this place during their Vanavasam. Sage Bhadra performed strict penance for Lord Rama on the banks of River Godavari and requested Lord reside on top of his head. Impressed Rama promised the Sage that his wish will be fulfilled while on his way back with His consort Sita and left the place. Sage continued his penance as his wish was not fulfilled in Rama Avatar. Lord Vishnu appeared before the Sage in Rama Avatar with His consort Sita and brother Lakshman. Hence the Utsava deity having Shanku (Conch) on his right hand. holding Chakra (Disc) on his left hand and Bow and arrow with the remaining two hands. Lord Rama self-manifested here with His consort Sita on his lap and Brother Lakshmana on top of Bhadra Hill. Hence, the place popular by the name Bhadrachalam.
Abhishekam for the Main deities will be performed on Punarvasu Nakshatra day between 4:30 am – 5:30 am.
Bhadrachalam temple Timings
Morning Hours: 7:00 am – 12:00 pm
Evening Hours: 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Interesting Places near Bhadrachalam temple
- Parnasala which is 35 km from the temple. It can be reached by Bus from the temple.
- Sri Rama Giri is the place where Sugriva and Vali had a fight and Rama Killed Vali.
- Papikondalu mesmerising beauty.
How to reach Bhadrachalam temple?
- The nearest international airport is at Vijayawada which is 197 km away. Rajahmundry Airport is 188 km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Badhrachalam Road (Kothagudem station) which is 40 km away. The direct bus will be available from the Railway station to the temple
- The direct bus will be available from Vijayawada and Khammam bus stations with 30 mins frequency.
Reference Link: History