Nageshwar jyotirlinga Gujarat History, Timings, Route info
As per the Legend, The demon couple Daruka and Daruki used to live in Daruvkavan, Daruki did penance for Goddess Parvathi. Pleased Goddess blessed Daruki with a boon that Daruki can move Darukavan to anywhere as per wish. Sages used to suffer a lot due to this movement. They all approached Sage Ourva for the solution. Sage Ourva cursed the demons that their race will diminish if they trouble sages.
Daruka and Daruki moved their kingdom to an Island in the Arabian Sea. They started troubling the passengers sailing on the ships. The demons captured Supriya and made him as the prisoner. Supriya an ardent of Lord Siva educated the prisoners with Siva Mantra. Daruki thought of killing Supriya. Lord Siva appeared in the form of Jyoti and protected him without killing the demons.
Nageshwar jyotirlinga Gujarat Timings
- Morning Hours: 5:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Evening Hours: 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
- Jalabhishek Timings: 6:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Ksheerabhishek Timings: 6:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- Festival Days: Maha Sivaratri days, Karthika Masam days.
- Darshan Dress Code: Any Decent outfit
- Darshan waiting Time: 45 mins – 60 mins.
- Abhishek Dress Code: Men must remove Shirt and Vest during this time.
How to reach Nageshwar jyotirlinga Gujarat?
- The nearest airport is at Jamnagar which is 137 Km away.
- The nearest Railway station is at Dwarka which is 12 Km away.
- The direct bus is available from Dwarka to the temple. It is 13 Km from Dwarka.