Govind dev Ji Jaipur History, Timings, Aarti and Route
As per the Legend, Vajranath, great-grandson of Lord Krishna expressed his desired to Carve Lord Krishna Idol.
Uttara, Daughter-in-law of Lord Krishna and mother of King Parikshit narrated Lord Krishna’s features.
King Vajranath Carved 3 Idols
- In the First Idol, only the feet of the Idol resembles that of Lord Krishna and was named as Madan Mohan Ji.
- Only the Chest resembles that of Lord Krishna in the Second Idol and was named as Gopinath Ji
- The third Idol resembles Lord Krishna’s features and was named as Govind Dev Ji.
Govind dev Ji Jaipur History
During the reign of Aurangazeb, Hindu temples were getting destroyed. Shri Shiv Ram Goswami an ardent devotee of Lord Krishna, shifted the Idols from Vrindavan to the Kama to Radha Kund and then to Govindpura Village.
|1525||Lord Krishna revealed his existence at |
Goma Teela in Vrindavan to Roop Goswami in dream
|1590||Maharaja Man Singh built the Temple at Goma Teela|
|1658-1707||Muslim rulers destroyed Hindu Temples in Vrindavan|
|1714||Idol moved to Kanak Vrindavan in Amer|
|1715||Idol reached Jainiwas in Amer|
It is said that Lord Krishna instructed King Sawai Jai Singh in his dream to install Idol in Suraj palace. As per the instruction, Sawai Jai Singh moved to Chandra Mahal. Lord Govind Devi Ji consecrated in Suraj Mahal.
Govind dev Ji Jaipur Timings
|Temple Timings||Pooja/ Aarti|
|4:30 am – 5:45 am||Mangal Aarti|
|8:15 am – 9:30 am||Dhoop Aarti|
|10:00 am – 10:45 am||Shringar Aarti|
|11:15 am – 11:45 am||Raj Bhog|
|5:30 pm – 6:00 pm||Gwal|
|6:30 pm – 7:45 pm||Sandhya Aarti|
|8:45 pm – 9:15 pm||Sayan Aarti|
Darshan Dress Code: Any decent outfit.
Aarti duration: 5 mins.
How to reach Govind dev Ji Jaipur?
- The nearest airport is at Jaipur which is 12.5 Km away.
- The nearest Railway station is at Jaipur which is 6 Km away.
- The direct bus is available to the Mandir.
- Sindhi Camp Bus station is 3.2 Km from the temple.
- Vehicles to be parked at Jaleb Chowk from there temple is 0.6 Km.
Places near Govind dev Ji Jaipur
|Place||Distance from Temple|
|City Palace||0.5 Km|
|Jantar Mantar||0.5 Km|
|Sargasuli Tower||1.5 Km|
|Hawa Mahal||1.1 Km|
|Amer Fort||7.8 Km|
|Chandra Mahal||9.5 Km|