Sangama Falls near Kanakapura, Entry Timings and Images
Distance from Bengaluru: 93 km
Journey Time: 3 hours
Visiting Hours: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Route map Sangama Falls
- Bengaluru to Kanakapura
- Head Straight on Kanakapura – Sangama Road
- Kanakapura – Sangama Road to the Sangama Falls.
Sangama is the amalgamation of 2 holy rivers Arkavati and Kaveri. From here on, the strength of the flow increases. To view the maximum flow, it is good to visit during Oct / Nov / Dec months. During Summer, Visitors can get into the water and can spend time here. Information boards at the falls display the presence of crocodiles. Not advisable to go deep during summer as well.
Accommodation and Food
Food stalls are available at the entrance. Accommodation is not available at this place.
Places which can be covered in a day
- Chunchi Falls which is on the way to Sangama
- Mekedatu falls which is 4 km from Sangama. Visitors reach Mekedatu by Theppa (Boat).
How to reach Sangama and Mekedatu Falls?
- The nearest airport is at Bengaluru which is 93 km away.
- The nearest Railway station is at Kanakapura which is 45 km away.
- This place can be reached by Four or Two wheelers.The Direct bus is not available to the falls.
Sangama Falls Images
Reference Link: Falls