Rudrabhishekam at Chidambaram Temple, Timings, Cost.
Timings: 10:00 am and 8:00 pm
Abhishekam: Performed daily
Ticket Cost: Rs.72000
Pooja duration: 2 hours
No.of persons: For a family
Men: White Pancha, Dhoti/ Kurta, pyjama.
Female: Saree with blouse/ Punjabi Dress with Dupatta / Chudidhar with Dupatta/ Half saree
Rudrabhishekam includes Homam followed by Annadanam. It includes Sacred bath and Rudra mantras. Advance booking is required for this special Pooja. This Homam will be performed for the whole family. Rudra Mantra will be recited during the abhisheka. This Pooja will be performed by the Private Purohit outside the temple.
Best time for this Pooja
Performing Pooja on a Pradosham day will yield good results. Mondays are auspicious for the pooja.
History of Rudrabhishekam
As per the folklore, Lord Rama installed Siva Linga at Rameswaram before heading to Lanka. Rama performed Pooja for Lord Siva seeking victory over Rama. This Pooja was performed by chanting Rudra Mantra.
Significance of Rudrabhishekam
This Abhishekam is advisable for those who are suffering from Chandra Graha. This Pooja reduces the malefic effects from moon sign. It also reduces the effect on Pushya, Punarvasu, Ashlesha Nakshatra. Rudrabhishekam helps in reducing the ill effects from Kaal Sarp Dosh and Mangal Dosh.
- For longevity
- Blessed with good fortune
- Will be relieved from fear
- Will not have threats from enemies
- Removes negative effects from the body
- Purifies Soul and body.
- Destroys evil forces.
- To get rid of financial tensions.
- Good growth in career.
How to reach Chidambaram Temple?
- Tiruchirapalli International airport is 172 km away
- Chidambaram Railway station is connected with other parts of Tamil Nadu. Daily trains are running from Chennai to Kumbakonam, Chidambaram falls in between.
- Temple is 123 km from Thanjavur
- Temple is 224 km from Chennai.
Reference Link: Temple History