Ayyavadi Pratyangira Devi Temple is dedicated to Goddes Pratyangira Devi also called Narasimhika, with Lion face and Human body. Goddess Pratyangira is the guardian of Atharvana Veda. Homam will be performed on Pournami and Amavasya day.
Dress Code: Any decent outfit.
Darshan waiting time: 20 – 30 mins.
Ayyavadi Pratyangira Devi Temple History
As per the Legends, Lord Vishnu took the ferocious form of Narasimha (Lion head and the human body) and killed the demon Hiranyakasyapa. Even after killing the demon, the anger was controlled and started roaming around the forests and hills causing huge damage. Devas prayed Lord Siva to control the anger of the Lord Narasimha. Lord Siva took the ferocious form of Sarabeswra with Lion face, Eagle wings, and Lion Body. Sakthi took the form of Pratyangira Devi, with Lion Head and Human body and joined with Sarabeswara in bringing Lord Narasimha to his original form.
It is said that Pandavas deposited their weapons in a tree and worshipped Goddess here. It is also said that Indrajit Son of Ravana, performed “Nigumbala Yagam”, here to attain superpower to kill Rama. Knowing this Lakshmana (Brother of Rama) and Hanuman disrupted the Yaga.
Ayyavadi Pratyangira Devi Temple Address
Sri Maha Pratyangira Devi,
Sannathi Street, Ayyavadi, Thirunageswaram – 612 204
How to reach Ayyavadi Pratyangira Devi Temple?
- The nearest railway station is at Tiruchirapalli which is 99 km away
- Temple is 5.6 km away from Kumbakonam railway station.
- The direct bus is available from Kumbakonam to the temple with good frequency.
Benefits of Ayyavadi Pratyangira Devi Temple
- Prevents major accidents
- Recover from illness due to poisoning
- Suffering from Ghosts and evil spirits.
- Removes all mental blocks
- To recover the lost property.
- To attain control over enemies evil doings.
- Delay in the pregnancy.
- Delivery problems during pregnancy.
- Removes black magic problem.
Reference Link: Temple History